Check Me Out

Candy for your Ears

Monday, June 17, 2013

She did whaaaa?

Oh, hey. There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. Honestly. Are you still there? I mean, I sort of disappeared so I'm guessing you've moved onto other witty, good looking, thoughtful blogs. I don't blame you. I don't deserve you. We had a good thing going and then POOF. Just in case you've been counting the seconds for my return, let me tell you what I've been up to.

  • I trained and ran a half marathon. I'll start full training in the fall.
  • I spilled water inside my laptop and have been reduced to the iPad and phone to connect. It blows.
  • Baby S is a strapping, young lad who, until just recently, referred to me as Baa Baa. Like the sound a sheep makes. Also, he doesn't let me out of his sight. Makes it hard to blog. And pee. And procreate. Not that we do that. I'm a good girl, Mom.
  • Offspring #1 just finished Kindergarten and is now in karate 3 nights a week. Though, no matter how many things I give her to do, I've yet to discover the remedy for the constant cries of boredom. I'm thinking of handing her the keys to the car so she can go hang wither homies. Curfew is 5 pm.
  • I've signed on as a part of the Bully team to make a difference in our schools. For those of you who haven't seen the documentary by Lee Hirsch, do yourself a favor and rent it or come to my community screening at Covington Middle School on Sunday, August 4th. I'm not having much luck on either the RSVP end or the fundraising end so your support is appreciated. I'm only one person and apparently my voice is very quiet by the results I'm getting. Guess I just need to be louder. The hubs should be able to offer advice on how to rattle the walls with a whisper. Geesh.
  • I miss me some BR80. He moved to Ghana. To be a do-gooder. Yeah. Not over it.
  • I had an ovary removed because a tumor was growing in it. Ya'll know all the trouble I had with miscarriages and the pregnancy with Baby S, so this shouldn't have surprised me. I'd love to link to some of those posts but this a-hole iPad makes it too much work. Blerg.
  • As for the elephant in the blog, I have TEMPORARILY stopped writing. I had some success ghostwriting and getting paid by others but I wish. I had time to be happy/miserable writing My own shizz again. I have notes and starts of things but no effing time. Someday, you will find my book on the shelf. Truth.
  • I'm tired. I want to sleep.
I miss you. I can't say when I'll turn because I HATE TYPING ON THE IPAD. If you see typos, that is why. If you ever think of me, feel free to email, BookFace me, or text/call. Lenny Lee, I'm talking to you. 

Hugs. Hearts. Berts. BR80s.

Candyland. Out.

4 comments:

Michael Offutt, "Johnny on the Spot" said...

It sounds like you've had a very full life. I'm sorry to hear about the tumor in the ovary. I have a co-worker who's wife is experiencing the exact same thing. Hers is the size of a grapefruit and they are surgically removing it. Oy. I hope you feel better soon and that you get the correct medical treatment.

Good luck with your marathon goals. I'm sure you will more than succeed.

Mel Chesley said...

Awww. Missing you, but you've been super busy. Sorry to hear about the removal of girl parts, but as one who has had a complete hysterectomy...woohoo! Ahem.
You'll find time, someday. Little ones take up tons of time! In the meantime, we're all here waiting. Well, I am. ::hugs:: See you whenever!

Kelly Polark said...

Good to see you in blogland, Candyland.

Writing will ALWAYS be there for you. I stop months at a time sometime. You will be back. And your writing will be spectacular.

I miss Brady with New Medicine too!!!!!!!

Matthew MacNish said...

I gave my iPad to my kid. Even with an keyboard connected, it sucks.

I miss you. You will write again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Love is the movement. Rescue is possible.