Check Me Out

Candy for your Ears

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Use Grammarly's Plagiarism Checker Because Jailhouse Stripes Make Me Look Beefy

Guys!

How the heck are ya? Me, you know. Just raising two miniature versions of myself + running in (and winning in) almost every race that's within a 20-mile radius + trying to remember why I walk into a room at any given moment because my brain cells have started evaporating since the 1st pregnancy. Seriously. I wore lip gloss all day and couldn't remember a single time I put it on. And that time I changed my t-shirt twice?? Yeah. I wasn't invited to that party.

Pretty soon, this blog will undergo a makeover because my interests have shifted so it only seems fitting. Please don't break-up with me. Just because I'll look different, doesn't mean we can't still be together. I'll still love you. Forever and ever. Anywho, it's been too long since I've talked about nothing. And I guess this post is no different.

First topic: Candyland Runs!
Not only have I run a half marathon, am training for a full, and race in as many 5 and 10ks as I can, since February of this year, I've officially cut 7:44 off my 5k time and am now winning my age category in most races. I still have a ways to go, but progress is progress. Also, wearing medals makes me feel like a hero. I like to pretend I just saved a house full of kittehs. I wear it when I eat ice cream and when my offspring detest me. It's possible I wear it while I dance alone, too, but I can't confirm or deny that.
 So then there's this little big guy. Baby S is not really a baby anymore. In fact, he's a super-sized Barbie. If you tell him different, he won't invite you over for tiny Barbie muffins and he'll throw a handful of Barbie shoes at your head.Trust me.
 Well, then there's Offspring #1 and the infectiously sweet relationship she has with Baby S. As you can tell, they love every second together and never fight at all. They also think I'm the best mom ever and they're never mad at me. In fact, Offspring #1 thinks I'm a hero, and not just because of my medals.
 Well...she *meant* to write hero, anyway...
I think this pretty much sums up life right about now. I actually sat down to finish up an outline of a new book I've been wanting to work on but [insert lame excuses]. I dream about writing and still feel that pinch in my gut every time I go to the book store because I still dream about having one of my babies hanging out there someday. Of course when it happens, I hope I actually remember it and I don't black out writing all those weirdly erotic scenes with Deadliest Catch's Sig Hansen + Chef Bobby Flay.

If you're in the writing trenches right now, consider giving this cool thing called Grammarly a try. I've used it before and it's awesome. The Plagiarism Checker is a must, even for blogs and resumes and whatnot. I'm sure you'd hate to write the next best-selling vampire book with a main character who sucks, only to find out it's already been written. Am I right?

So what are YOU working on? What's going with YOU? Fill me in so I can forget about it in 47 minutes and then wonder why no one responded to the post I never published. Or did I? Meh...

CandylandOUT.

4 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Thanks to Facebook I don't need you(r blog) anymore.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Lol! I do that walk into a room and forget why thing all the time!
And your daughter's 'hero' note made me laugh out loud. :) Thanks for sharing!

Johanna Garth said...

Congratulations on shaving all that time off! That's really impressive.

You're in the mothering trenches right now. Pretty soon they'll be in school and you'll start to remember things again and have the bliss of an uninterrupted writing day!

Kelly Polark said...

Ha ha ha! Funny as ever!

You are my hore too. :) Seriously. I can't even run one mile! I am a walker...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Love is the movement. Rescue is possible.