Thursday, September 23, 2010

When electronics talk, it doesn't mean you're crazy. Well, maybe a little.

Wehn writing this post, I realized I'm a lot crazier than I first thought. Here I've been walking around thinking "I'm only like a 5 on the crazy scale." Boy was I wrong. I'm a smidge closer to 7. Okay. Like 8....9???
*sigh*


You know you're on writer-electro-overload when...

-The offspring asks for lunch and you text "pnut btr or grld chz?" to her pretend cell

-The hubs wants alone time and you Tweet @eganger I'd love to but #amwriting

-When the microwave timer goes off, you dive for your phone

-You've started talking to your coffee maker. Damn thing won't shut up.

-When asked to sign a permission slip for offspring's class you Google "what is pen and paper"

-You bring your phone into the shower to multi-task (and feel less lonely)

-You consider a big night: Running to the DQ in your jammies then speeding home to cuddle the laptop

-You brush your teeth with your feet so you can reply to the hilarious LOLCAT vid someone posted

-During human interaction, you format your conversation re: agent submission guidelines

-Dinner is anything you can make with your mind because you're not moving from your effing spot

-Your butt is in the permanent shape of whatever you've been sitting on

-Your fingers have keyboard letters etched onto the pads

-When your mother asks why you didn't return her call, you tell her it's in your TBH(eard) pile (she's lucky it's not slush)

-You haven't bathed in a week but all your emails have been answered *ding* wait. Just one more...

What about you...how do YOU know when you're on writer-eletro-overload? 
Candyland. OUT.

25 comments:

JE said...

Oh no this is me:

You consider a big night: Running to the DQ in your jammies then speeding home to cuddle the laptop

I need a vaca, stat!

~JD

Anonymous said...

HAHA...how about checking your email (not your personal email but your work email) immediately after...well you know right after wild and crazy sex with your significant other :-)

Unknown said...

Haha you crazy girl. (But I know what you mean!)

Dawn Ius said...

I have an extra straight jacket....size medium ok?

Matthew MacNish said...

There's such a thing as too much?

Jaydee Morgan said...

Those are some good ones, especially the keyboard letters etched into the pads of your fingers ;)

Colene Murphy said...

Oh crap, girl! When you are all finished you need a big, fun, reward for sure!

Laura S. said...

If only our thoughts COULD make dinner! I think I'll invent that. Yes, that's my next big goal to achieve once I accomplish these writing goals. ;)

Unknown said...

Have you been sneaking around my house again? I thought we talked about this... I need my space #lonely #feelingallalone

Okay so maybe I'm not... thanks for stalking my life and posting it on your blog... makes me feel important.

Rose Cooper said...

This is too funny and too true. Are we that bad? I think we are. You're not alone, Candace.

Sometimes, the only way hubs and I know whats going on with each other is by looking at each others FB status'

Linda G. said...

LOL! Can you teach me that making-dinner-with-your-mind thing? Because that sounds really handy.

Jessica Bell said...

hahah! Brilliant! I especially love the texting to you daughter! Oops, that wasn't real, was it?

Shannon O'Donnell said...

"You consider a big night: Running to the DQ in your jammies then speeding home to cuddle the laptop"

ha ha ha! That is SO me! :-)

Slamdunk said...

That is quite a list.

The brushing your teeth thing with your feet almost sounds like a challenge--perhaps I better warn the Mrs. about it and stretch before trying.

Erin Kane Spock said...

Lol.
My husband and I were having alone time in the spa and he said something and included adverbs.
It was a problem.
My kids also have pretend conversations on their pretend phones. Conversations full of attitude. Like, "Hold on, my Mom keeps trying to talk to me..."

Carolyn V. said...

Oh crap. That makes me crazy too. Except you forgot the laundry pile that is eating child #1. That ones at the top of my list.

LTM said...

I've started confusing my family's names w/the names of my main characters... Kiss me Jor--I mean, Richard! ;p

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I get the urge to speak in TXT all of the time...my hubby doesn't think it's funny. ? Scientists...WT?

Vicki Rocho said...

Those were fantastic! I know I'm ovreloaded when, after playing Tetris for example, I try to read and my mind is shifting the words around to fit together in nice little block formation.

Kelly Breakey said...

Where do you come up with this stuff? Yes, I know you google it!

Nicole Zoltack said...

I check my email. Constantly. Like seriously, it's an addition.

Jeff King said...

Sounds crazy to me...

But aren't we all in one way or another?

Erin MacPherson said...

When you know more about your blogging friend's lives than your real friends lives?

Anonymous said...

When I wake up with weird back and neck cramps only to realize it's from sitting in the same position at the computer.

Then I turn on the computer and resume said position.

vic caswell said...

she's lucky it's not slush!! lol! thanks for the laugh! you rock!