Monday, October 18, 2010

I *Heart* Joy Like BR80 2: Use your cushion monies to change the frickin' world

Back in July, I introduced you to I Heart Joy Like BR80. If you're not familiar with the story, or the lives just four quarters could change,
CLICK HERE 
AND HERE
AND HERE
AND FINALLY, HERE.

If you're tired of reading, I could babble on about whatever I want and you'd never know. Like how the hubs said "I wonder how many field mice a barn cat eats..." Ooohhh but you came for a contest? Alright then. I guess his random-isms can wait. This summer, we made a ripple in the water. This time, let's make a wave. Join me for class, won't you? A little math:
  • If every one of you, my dear followers friends, can dig up enough loose change to equal $1, we will have raised $357 for women, children and families in need.
  • If every one of you, my lovely followers friends, gives up one meal out this week to equal $5, we will have raised $1785 for women, children and families in need.
  • If every one of you, my sweet followers friends, can spare $10, we will have raised $3570 for women, children and families in need.
I've made my goal $357, because I truly believe if we work together, $1 turns into a brand new beginning for the women, children and families of Ghana, West Africa. With that in mind...
    INTRODUCING...






    So you see, friends, there's always more ways to help people. Because we're all people, dudes. If you have any questions about anything, leave a comment or email me directly.
    EDIT*****CONTEST ENDS CHRISTMAS EVE
    Or if you're giving $1, DONATE HERE, then email proof of donation to me.
    Or buy one of these (clicky clicky):

    To all of you beautiful bloggers: Please spread the word! Add my banner to your page/link me/Tweet/MyBook/FaceSpace me. If you do, you'll have a permanent place in Candyland (eww, not like that).

    To all of you writers, agents, editors, zoo keepers, Br80's, and plumbers: If you love what you do, and want to contribute something (anything), PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE email me. I'd love to add more prizes.

    Until tomorrow, friends, I'm on my way to be the change with just $1. Who's with me?


    Candyland Hearts Joy Like BR80. OUT.
    "Faster my friends, the old world is behind you..."-Rise or Rust

    32 comments:

    Jessica Bell said...

    I'll be back :o)

    Unknown said...

    You know I'm in and I'll be updating my sidebars and such!!! Donating a $1? Easy Peasy... consider my donation headed your way this week!

    Unknown said...

    Mmmmkay lady! I'll see what I can do.

    Unknown said...

    Mmmmkay lady! I'll see what I can do.

    Jaydee Morgan said...

    I love your passion - it's just awesome :)

    S.A. Larsenッ said...

    Thanks for the email. I'll be back.

    Matthew MacNish said...

    I can't donate today, but I'm definitely buying a shirt soon, and I will SO be blogging about it!

    Stina said...

    Great idea, except we're donating to our local rape crisis center and the kids' helpline. The first idea was inspired by the Speak ban controversy. The second due to your recent walk to prevent suicide. So without realizing it, you benefitted a lot of kids in my area. ;)

    Lenny Lee said...

    hi miss candace! yikes! that posters sure scary looking. ha ha. yep! you just know me and my family will be helping. we love giving cause it gives you something in your heart thats got no price on it.
    ...hugs from lenny

    Kelly Breakey said...

    You know I got your back baby.

    Be on the look out for my emails. That's right that is plural. But I have to add this to my calendar to do tonight. Okay, I don't but I need to peruse the t selection.

    Rock on Candy girl.

    Unknown said...

    This is such a great cause, and you have such an enormous heart! The whole African continent has a special place in mine, since I was a Peace Corps volunteer in central Africa. I saw firsthand how eager Africans are to work, so improve themselves, and to prosper despite incredible odds. I'll email you the PayPal receipt I just received, and I'm adding your banner to my blog and tweeting your link. Rock on, sister! Fingers crossed that you surpass your goal!

    ((hugs)) Nicole

    Shannon O'Donnell said...

    Count me in! I'll send you my confirmation. :-)

    LTM said...

    tra la la la... Done.

    and btw, likey the new pink banner~ :o)

    Kelly Polark said...

    Allrighty!

    Shannon said...

    I can donate a bit. =)

    Colene Murphy said...

    Sidebar linkage! Awesome contest!

    Talli Roland said...

    Right, this time around I must donate! I must! I shall!

    Lydia Kang said...

    You are so sweet for doing this. I'm going to donate but if I win the draw, I want you to put the $$ back into the donation pile.

    Robyn Campbell said...

    I'll def put up a banner and blog about it, Candy. And our credit card was compromised, so if we get the new one back in time, you know I'll donate.

    Thanks CandY for doing this. I love ya girl.

    Janet Johnson said...

    Such a big heart you have! Love it. :)

    I can definitely do a dollar, but I'm going to wait so I can make it more.

    Carolyn V. said...

    I think I can do $1! I'm so impressed with your willingness to help. It's so cool. =)

    Jackee said...

    Oh, man, Candace! I just came back from a conference where a woman refugee from Sierra Leone talked about how a simple bar of soap and a toothbrush changed her life during the 1997 civil war. Amazing what we can do with a buck or two when we stop to think about someone other than ourselves. :o)

    I loved the Part I and I'll definitely be back to participate in Part II!

    Thanks,
    Jackee

    Jo Schaffer said...

    I donated, emailed you the reciept and posted the razoo widget on my blog. (= Keep up the good work. I'm super supportive of causes like this. Thanks for making a noise!
    xo

    Anonymous said...

    I love that you do this! I need to get a Candyland Has Balls t-shirt because they are pure awesomeness.

    RaShelle Workman said...

    This is great!!! I'll be sure to link to it and donate. I want a t-shirt.

    Jared Larson said...

    Ummm, where have I been and how did I miss this? I'll be donating soon. Thanks for all this.

    Yaya' s Home said...

    Wow! Your blog has escaped my awareness until now. Just popped over from Susan Fields' blog. She has a link to your blog an' I'm sure glad she does. Nice to meet you.

    ~ Yaya

    angelarene said...

    Count me in!! So great of you to do this and I'm still smiling at Lenny's comment "...we love giving cause it gives you something in your heart thats got no price on it." Well said Lenny. Well said. <3

    Sharon K. Mayhew said...

    I mailed you $5...yesterday...I didn't want to put it on my credt card....

    Please keep my name out of the prize drawing...

    Theresa Milstein said...

    I donated. If I win, just put the prize towards the charity. I'm going to put this on my sidebar and link it on Facebook.

    Sharon K. Mayhew said...

    I'm putting your banner up, cause I <3 you... You have such a good heart!

    Jessica Bell said...

    Hey I didn't know Janice was contributing prizes! Cool! :o)